Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Purple Dragon Books


Welcome to Purple Dragon Books, the blog where I will write about different books that I have read.  I haven’t decided for sure yet, but I think some posts will be at least somewhat like the reviews on books I use to post at Epinions.com - before the site ended the ability to post reviews - and others might just be me talking a little bit of what I am currently reading, want to read, or things like that.

I have loved to read since I was a child.  I read all of the Ramona books - at least I think I did - before my mother got me my first Nancy Drew mystery.  I got hooked on mysteries at that point, and I still enjoy them.  I also still have my Nancy Drew books packed away somewhere.  I do like a wide variety of books, though in the last several years, I think I have read more cozy mysteries than anything. 

When I really enjoy a book, I will read it again...and again...and again.  So I will probably, at some point, end up mentioning some books more than once.  I have actually been thinking about starting in on my Harry Potter books again - yes I love Harry Potter - even though it hasn’t been a year yet since I last read them and I still have, well, never mind how many books piled around, waiting to be read.  When I was younger, I would just have one or two books that I hadn’t read, and I would wait to get more.  That is no longer the case.  Usually when I find a book that I think I might like, I’ll go ahead and get it then regardless of how many books I still have waiting to read at home.  Sometimes I jump right into one of the newer purchases, and other times they sit and wait a while.  I think that now something just wouldn’t feel right to me if I didn’t have several new book options at any time. 

So far this year, I haven’t had a lot of time to read thanks to long hours at work, though in the last month or so, I have managed to get some reading done.  Hopefully in about two weeks I’ll have more time for reading - as well as movies, and writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment